Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Big Brother is Watching

I don't take very long naps: usually anywhere from 30 to 50 minutes. Mommy and Daddy are trying to figure out why, as if it's supposedly a "problem." This morning, Daddy snuck a video camera to see if he could capture whatever is waking me up. So when I did wake up, I noticed the camera and decided to play along with his little game. Here's what happened (sorry if it's too dark; and there's not much to hear):

So what exactly did I do? As soon as I noticed the camera I went back to sleep. And how long did I sleep you ask? Too long for the tape: One hour and 50 minutes. I made Daddy wake me up for my mid-morning meal.

I hope this teaches Daddy a lesson. Before you know it, he'll have one of those baby video monitoring systems installed in my room. He and Mommy will sit downstairs, glued to the video viewer, neurotically watching to make sure their little bundle of joy is sleeping okay. Of course I'll put on a show...I'll either sing to the camera until midnight or I'll turn around, drop my diaper, and display my tiny rear end.

I will admit, though, that a two hour nap does make me feel pretty sweet, especially after having Daddy get up with me at 4:45 AM. That was probably a little too early.

No comments:

Post a Comment