Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Big Boy Eating


For the past few weeks, I have not fully kept up with my routine of eating healthy foods.  If you cut up some fruits or vegetables and put them in front of me, they'll typically end up on the floor.  Don't get me wrong, I still like these fruits.  I don't complain when they're blended in something like yogurt.  However, I'd like to eat them like an adult.  Mommy and Daddy don't cut up everything in tiny little pieces before they eat them.  They only do that for me and I don't always like it- it kind of depends on my mood.  My problem was trying to communicate this to them.  I failed in doing this and now I don't even know why I bother sometimes.  Finally, yesterday Daddy was about to cut up a strawberry for me when he said, "You're not going to eat this are you?  Here, you can have the whole thing.  Do what you want with it."  He handed me the whole strawberry and guess what: I ate the entire thing.  I took reasonable bites and then one gigantic bite to finish it.  Was this so difficult to understand Mommy and Daddy?  No.  Is this a potential choking hazard?  Possibly.  Is this big boy eating?  Yes.


Later I tried a banana.  I'm actually a huge fan of bananas but haven't eaten them in over a month.  That's because I wanted to hold the entire thing, peel and all.  Daddy again came to his senses, peeled only the top part, and gave me the entire thing.  I ate half of the banana and nothing went on the floor.


I still have to learn some things about eating fruit.  Lesson number one: do not eat the other side of the banana while the peel is still on.  It doesn't taste very good and the tongue does not enjoy the texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment