Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mall Rat


Yesterday morning was cold and rainy so Daddy took me to the mall to get some exercise.  This was the first time I was allowed to get out of my stroller and roam around on my own.  I wasn't allowed to get out before I started walking because Mommy and Daddy thought I'd crawl around and lick the dirty floors.  They were probably right.  Things are different now, though, and I can really strut my stuff.  If the weather is giving you the blues, I recommend taking a stroll at your local mall.  I enjoyed walking around with the senior citizens of the community.  They were impressed with my abilities and watched me shake my head "no" and walk in the opposite direction as Daddy attempted to coax me to keep up with him.  I managed to walk almost the entire length of the mall and back.  If I include my attempt to visit every store along the way (twice) then this is certainly the longest walk I've ever had.  Also there for my enjoyment were kiddy rides that included a play car and fire truck.  They had flashing lights and steering wheels.  What more could I ask for?  There was also a real CAT tractor parked in the middle of the mall.  I tried to loosen the nuts to take the wheels off but I had forgotten my tools.  Best of all, I was allowed to repeatedly yell "da!" at the top of my lungs without being shushed.  Instead, everyone smiled at me and told me how cute I was.  I'd yell "da!" in return, acknowledging what I already knew.  It was quite an adventure and a great way to stretch out my legs.  Needless to say, I had a very nice and long afternoon nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment