Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Self-Sufficient

I'm starting to get good at doing things for myself.  I realize now that if you want something done right and ASAP then you had better do it yourself.  How am I learning such a valuable life lesson at such a young age?  If you want an answer then have my daddy and Onyx take care of you for a day.  Communicating a need to them is like pushing teeth through gum tissue.  It's a slow and painful process.  That reminds me- I am now the proud owner of an exposed gigantic molar (and I thought my other teeth hurt a lot coming in).  Anyway, if I want to feed myself and do it my way then I have to be proficient with a spoon.  Proficiency obtained?  Check.


Sure, I'm a mess with the spoon but I get the job done.  My tummy is full and I really don't care if I am cleaned up or not (although oatmeal up the nostril makes it a little difficult to breathe).  Okay, now I'm ready to go outside and play.  Daddy, you and Onyx can stay inside if you like.  I can find my own way out.  I better put my shoes on first.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Matthew, it really looks like you enjoyed your oatmeal!

    ReplyDelete