Thursday, November 12, 2009

Importance of Sleep in Children

Do you know what happens when I miss my afternoon nap? To answer that question all you have to do is watch this video which was taken during the eating of my dinner Tuesday night.

That's actually the first time I've fallen asleep in my high chair but not the first time I've missed my afternoon nap. I guess you could say that, in addition to missing some sleep, the food and dinner conversation were a bit bland that night.

Yesterday, in celebrating eight months outside the womb, I went to the doctor. Unfortunately, it wasn't that much fun. Instead, it turns out that I have an eye infection. It's probably a result of having my first observed-by-adults cold this past weekend. The cold was characterized by a runny nose and waking every hour Sunday night. If anything else was bothering me, such as a sore throat or a headache, I'm not telling because I'm a tough guy. I'd rather just continuously wake Mommy and Daddy throughout the night. So now I'm feeling better but poor Mommy is sick with a cold. Then again, I don't mind that she's sick because that means she gets to stay home with me today. She'll help Daddy hold me down so they can put drops in my eyes. The drop application process is silly and the drops don't bother me. Maybe I can get this on video. I'm just glad to be in my Mama's arms. Maybe if I snuggle with her I'll make her feel better.

By the way, I came into eight months weighing 17 pounds, 14 ounces (my height was not taken). I'm still, and probably always will be, somewhere in the 25% range on the growth chart. I really thought that my protruding, dunlop belly would push me past some of my peers. I guess not.

No comments:

Post a Comment