Friday, November 13, 2009

The Princess and Me

So I woke up this morning at 4:38 AM for my pre-breakfast meal. It's enough of a meal to fill my tummy to help me go back to sleep until 6 or 7. This is now what I normally do. This morning, however, I decided to remain awake. I guess Mommy's excitement for Aunt Bethy's arrival today has rubbed off on me. My excitement kept me awake. Mommy's excitement could have slept until 6 AM. Mommy is feeling much better today and returned to work after we hung out for a couple of hours this morning. The rest of the day will entail getting ready for the weekend. Mommy says we have to have everything sparkling clean for the princess's arrival. Mommy and I get to have Aunt Bethy all to ourselves. I've got a lot in store for her: like having her change my borderline blowout diapers, applying my eye medicine, cleaning my face after eating pureed meat, etc. I figure Mommy could use more time to just sit back and relax. Then, if Aunt Bethy fails to pay attention to me for even a few seconds, I'll use my attention grabbing technique of yelling, "hey":

Okay, so I'm a little tired this morning after missing the rest of my sleep. Daddy likes that I can just fall asleep while eating in my high chair. His reasoning centers around the fact that instead of increasing my crankiness, like in the past, I just fall asleep instead. He's hoping that I start doing this in other places, such as the floor when I've been playing and crawling around, or while I'm in my crib at 4:38 AM.

Well, I really need to continue this nap. It's important that I restore as much attention summoning energy as I can get in order to keep Aunt Bethy on her toes.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment