Monday, November 30, 2009

My First Thanksgiving In Review

Let the above picture serve as evidence that I thoroughly enjoyed my first Thanksgiving. I'll tell you about the weekend.

As usual, we had a whirlwind tour with lots of driving and visiting. I'd like to send a special thanks for the hospitality to Gammy and Grampa, and Nanna and Gramp. My long weekend began in the deep fryer (as you saw), but after that I took a nap in the car and I when I woke up I was in a different house and Cousin Yvette was there. We played hoops together (she has the same basketball contraption that I do). She has some pretty good moves.

I then examined her head and noticed that she truly doesn't have much hair. That's interesting because she is the same size as me, if not bigger. Oh well, I'm sure the hair will come in soon. At least she doesn't have to deal with bed head and hat head like I do.
We traded curiosities and kept touching each other's head. She's got a heck of a grip. I should know- she gave me one of those old church lady, capillary bursting pinches on the cheek.
I had my first Thanksgiving dinner at Gammy and Grampa's and played with my "little" cousins. I also saved some of my biggest smiles and hammed it up with Ge and Pop-Pop. Pop showed me how the ladies and the gentleman ride and Ge taught me the correct lyrics to 'A Peanut Sat On a Railroad Track.' It is currently my favorite song. Cousin Kyle taught me this song a few months ago and it's been a hit ever since.
We finished the weekend at Nanna and Gramp's house. I did a lot of smiling and laughing there too. I was looking forward to eating some of Daddy's fried turkey, but by the time he failed to check how much propane was left, then started cooking the turkey, ran out of propane, drove to get some more, and finally finished, it was almost my bedtime. There was no time to puree that supposedly delicious bird. Oh well, maybe next year.
The ride home was a little rough at the end. I got tired of being in my car seat and only stopped crying for 20 minutes as a result of Daddy singing about all the different animals at Old McDonald's Farm. That Old McDonald sure has a lot of noisy, out-of-tune animals. When we finally arrived home last night I noticed that some of the houses in our neighborhood had strings of small lights and fake fire candles in the windows. I guess our neighbors are starting to dress their houses up like the department stores did the day after Halloween. This must mean that this whole Christmas thing is getting closer. Indeed, this is all still very bizarre to me. So long Thanksgiving. Christmas here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment