Monday, November 23, 2009

Matthew the Antibody

As you may recall, Mommy has been sick with a still unconfirmed case of the flu. She is getting much better, but gets tired after trying to do too much. You may be wondering what is going on inside Mommy and how she's getting better. I've prepared a video to demonstrate the basic struggle between her immune system and the virus it's battling. I'm playing the role of the microscopic circulating antibody who is ready to throw-down on that pesky swine flu virus. The video camera and my toys, painstakingly modeled by me to represent the virus, are in my antibody path of destruction.


Mommy is returning to work tomorrow. Today, Daddy and I will get her off the couch and bring her to the grocery store in order to reintroduce her to the world outside our living room. She'll ride in one of those motorized carts and bark instructions for what groceries to get.

Yesterday, I developed my first cough. I only coughed a few times and it doesn't seem to bother me. Everything else appears to be normal. I must have picked up the cold Daddy has, but without his crying and whining. This cold, however, is about to be bested by my own antibodies. Go get 'em, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment