Friday, February 5, 2010

I'm Your Man!


Earlier this week, immediately after story time, some of the mothers of my friends came up to Daddy and I and asked if I'd like to join their playgroup. After learning that the group consists mostly of girls and that they need another boy, I did not hesitate, somehow speaking and putting my first words together in what I think is an English accent: "I would be delighted to join your playgroup." (It's going to be a few years before I can talk like that again). I had to speak up because I wasn't sure that Daddy would say yes. C'mon- these girls need me! So what if it's mainly because I'm a boy? I'm certainly willing, particularly under these circumstances, to be that "guy." From what I understand, opportunities like this don't present themselves often in a male's lifetime.

Today I attend my first playgroup. Mommy got me all shined up last night and now I'm ready to go. Clean diaper? Check. Tic-Tacs? Check. Smooth operating moves? Check and check.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment