Friday, February 26, 2010

Science Fair

This morning I'm entering myself in a science fair at the elementary school where Aunt Leslie teaches. I know what you're thinking: 'Matthew can't enter that science fair! He doesn't live in the same school district.' Well, it won't be a problem. Aunt Leslie is my aunt and my "in." Students can pick from the following project types: controlled experiment, demonstration, model, and collection. I chose a demonstration involving the first law of thermodynamics and the conservation of energy (the second law can wait until I'm a little older). Specifically, I'll discuss the implications of heat transfer by using fire as an illustration. I realize I will have to dumb my explanation down a bit. Therefore, I'll simply tell everyone that fire is "hot."


Mmmm... is that first place that I smell cooking? I think so.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment