Tuesday, February 23, 2010

On Top of the Weather

Did I say I was sick yesterday? You might not believe me if you saw me now. I feel much better and I'm not exactly sure why. Last night was rough (again). I went to sleep fine but I woke up soon after. The better part of the night was spent between Mommy and Daddy's bed and the couch. Mommy would cuddle with me and this helped me fall asleep. Then an hour or so would go by and I'd wake up crying. I was a cranky, snotty mess last night. Yesterday, I did not want to eat or be in my crib alone. The only time I smiled was when I talked to Mommy on the phone during lunch, when I woke up from a late afternoon nap, and when Mommy came home. The rest of the time, I was crying, passing gas, or sleeping on top of Daddy.


Except for the fact that I'm sleepy and have a runny nose, I'm surprisingly getting back to my old self quickly. I was bummed that I was sick yesterday because I've wanted to work with and demonstrate some new brainpower I've developed. How did my brain get bigger and squigglier? It was by eating fish for the first time. I had little pureed salmon the other night. It was combined with orange juice and carrots. Sounds tasty, doesn't it? It sure was. You see, salmon is chock full of brain-building omega 3's, which from what I understand convert smart brains (like mine was a few days ago) to genius brains (like mine is today). With my new special power in tact, I decided to work with shapes this morning. I also taught Onyx to be a little tamer.


As you can see, I can get the blue circle down. I'm sure I'll have the other shapes figured out by this afternoon. First, however, I need to take a nap, wake up, have a snack, do Mommy and Daddy's taxes, have some lunch, and then take my afternoon nap. Hmmm, I'm going to have to miss story time. I don't want to get anyone else sick. I'll have my assistant call the library to tell them I'm won't be there. They'll probably cancel the whole thing.

Onyx was very concerned about me when I was not acting myself. He doesn't say it and he really doesn't show it either, but I know he was worried. This picture captures a tender moment he and I had when I put my hand on his paw and said, "I'm okay, Onyx. I'm okay."



Strike that. I just woke up (abruptly) from my morning nap. I'm about as good as yesterday. I'm sure I'll be better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment