Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tough Guy


That is what I'm known as around here- 'Tough Guy.' Why? Because I'm tough, that's why. Especially under Daddy's supervision, there are no prizes for getting hurt. If I fall, I get up again. It's that simple. No pain, no gain. I drink blood, sweat and tears for breakfast. If I begin to cry, Daddy will say, "There's no crying in baseball!" To be honest, this makes no sense to me because he'll say it whether we're playing baseball or not and sometimes he'll say it just out of the blue. Either way, I get the point (I think). When I fuss no one fusses over me and says, "Oh sweet little baby, are you going to be okay?" Instead, I get either the baseball line or no line at all. I've learned to move on from falls and scratches. You want examples? Sure. Onyx stepped on my head last week. You may have seen the red scratch over my left eye. I fell, hitting the back of my head on the ground, and in the process tripped Onyx who then stepped backwards onto the front of my head. I was very dramatic-traumatic for about 10 seconds until "There's no crying in baseball" rushed through my head. Then I went back to playing. Another example and something I forgot to share: Last month I had some blood drawn for a routine test. Some lady stabbed my finger and then kept squeezing it. I watched her fill up two vials of my own blood. You probably think I cried, perhaps even a little. Wrong! What did I do? I smiled and flirted with the little old lady the entire time and then waved goodbye.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to drink a glass of raw eggs, Rocky style. Yo Mommy! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Cousin Matthew - I hear the same phrase allll the time! I don't even know what "baseball" is! Hope to see you soon, love, Payton

    ReplyDelete