Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Let Sleeping Babies Lie

As I mentioned before, weekends take a lot out of me. I normally get some good long naps in on Monday and Tuesday, that of which both Daddy and I appreciate. My morning nap yesterday was no different. I was out like a ceiling fan that isn’t turned on (they should always be turning for my amusement). That's when Daddy attempted to wake me up. I know what you're thinking: waking up a sleeping baby is just down right silly. However, we had an appointment to meet with Aunt Leslie, Cousin Kyle and Cousin Wade. So there I was sound asleep. Sometimes I just wake up when my door opens. Not this time- not even close. Daddy opened the door, drew open the curtains, rubbed my back and gave me a wet willy. Even Onyx tried to wake me up.


Finally, after 10 minutes, I woke up. It took me a minute to get it together. I was not happy at first. Then I felt better when I remembered why I had to get up. We met Aunt Leslie and my "little" cousins at Barnes & Noble. I had a great time crawling around and wreaking havoc on the books and bookshelves. Afterwards, we ate lunch at Panera. For the first time ever, I ordered my own meal off the menu. It was a kid’s meal consisting of grilled cheese and a tube of extra-sweet yogurt. I ate the entire meal (except the crust, which was a little tough). As far as I'm concerned, this means that I'm officially now a kid and no longer a baby. From now on you will all refer to my classification as such. Thank you. My nutritionist was not too happy about my meal selection. Nevertheless, I was stuffed and tired, requiring a delightful two-hour nap yesterday afternoon. Good times.


While looking at the picture above, Daddy said to add more hair and a little drool and I would “look just like Mommy when she is sleeping.” He’s probably right.

No comments:

Post a Comment