Friday, April 23, 2010

The Fun Part of Learning

As you all know, I have an "issue" with my sippy cup.  Immediately after taking a swig from it, I just throw the cup.  I can't help myself.  It's automatic- like hitting a baseball and dropping the bat and running to first base.  The cup typically falls and crashes on the kitchen floor producing a loud noise that transmits a quiver to and throughout the nerves of Daddy's body.  Yesterday, we worked on controlling my issue.


As you can see, I was able to control myself.  Now let's see if my lesson carried over to this morning.


Yes, the lesson carried over.  I did learn and do understand and you can see that with the "no" expressed through the side-to-side motion of my head.  Sometimes learning and understanding, however, have nothing to do with what I want to do.  I feel there's more fun in defiance and a better lesson in seeing what I can get away with. 

I suggest you give this defiance thing a try.  Go ahead and defy someone today.  Have fun with it and...


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment