Thursday, April 15, 2010

Uh-Oh!

For two days, we have lost the ability to control our TV remotely.  We have two controls capable of controlling the TV and neither one of them have any influence or command now.  Something's broken?  "Uh-oh," let me take a look.


I drove my tractor to where I thought the remote would be.  It was nowhere to be found and I looked everywhere!  Oh, there it is.


As you can see, once I found the remote control I did everything I could to troubleshoot why it was not working with the TV.  I listened to it, held it, and patted it.  Nothing worked.  I guess Mommy and Daddy will have to get off the couch for once and change the volume (they change the channels through the cable box).

Mommy and Daddy didn't really like the idea of getting up every time they have to change the volume.  Apparently, while I'm sleeping, they can keep the volume at a normal level.  But, if I make a noise or wake, they quickly turn the volume down, hoping that I'll fall back to sleep.  There can be many ups and downs, volume-wise, during my first hour or so of sleeping.  I decided to help them again and take one more crack at it.  Daddy was watching a game this afternoon, soon after he finally gave up trying to fix the remote.  He's tried everything the past two days.  Then I remembered what might help.  I picked up the remote and threw it hard on the coffee table.  The TV responded at the exact point of impact between the remote and coffee table.  Everything works now.  I don't know why I didn't do that in the first place, especially since it was the same exact thing I did the other day just before it stopped working.  My new nickname around the house is Matthew "The Repairman" D.

No comments:

Post a Comment