Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Opening Day


I believe that opening day of Major League Baseball was officially yesterday and the first game Sunday night, a marvelous affair in which the Yankees lost, thankfully.  The Orioles begin their season tonight so this is my official opening day.  I can't wait.  Sure, the odds of the Orioles winning the World Series this season is probably equal to that of Vermont winning the NCAA men's basketball tournament.  I probably threw you off in picking Vermont to win it all.  What do I know; I'm only a year old.  Instead, the Blue Satan's won the tournament.  Anyway, the Orioles have a lot of potential and opening day is a fresh and new beginning.  I'm also psyched that the Orioles catcher, a guy named Matt, was on the cover of Sports Illustrated a few weeks ago.  He's my favorite player, of course.


I'm wearing my Orioles practice outfit today in preparation for tonight's game.  Actually, my game-time wear no longer fits and Daddy refuses to pay $41.99 for a new, official, white and likely to be stained by a one-year-old, Orioles jersey.  I guess I can't blame him.


I know what you're thinking.  You're saying to yourself, 'Boy, that kid has a better throwing arm than the President of the United States.'  In case you missed it, and I don't know how you could, the president threw (or lofted) out the first pitch at yesterday's Washington Nationals game.  Despite the risk of losing my feminist readers, I'm perfectly willing to say that the president throws like a girl.  Mommy could throw better left-handed than Barry can and Mommy can barely throw with her natural right-hand.  Honestly, my great-grandmother, Ge, can throw better than Barry can and she has a torn rotator cuff.  To top it off, Barry wore both a Nationals jacket and a White Sox hat!  He must be confused.  I really need to put a call in to my good buddy Barry and tell him not to do that anymore.  Not only is it bad for his image, it's bad for "our" image that the leader of the free world throws like a girl... and not even all girls throw like girls.  Pardon me while I hang my head in shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment