Friday, July 17, 2009

Baby on Board

This morning, Onyx, Daddy and I went to the park with some friends. We went for a long walk around a lake and then played at the jungle gym. I had my first ride down a slide. It was not the thrill I was looking for. Perhaps if I was not strapped to Daddy and I was on my own it would have been a little more exciting. The rest of the day I will sleep, eat, and help to pack up the car. Why pack the car? Because it's Friday. Don't all families leave their homes and spend hours in the car to spend a few short hours somewhere else? Maybe not. What do I do in the car most of the time? You're looking at it:
Gramp asked me how many miles I have under my belt. If I had to guess, I'd say 3,832. This only includes getting to the destination and back. It does not include all the other times I am in the car, like running errands with Daddy or going to buy shoes and dresses for and with Mommy. You may say that the mileage does not sound like a lot, but remember that I'm only 4 months old. I've spent the night in 7 different towns or cities. I feel like I've been everywhere, man (cue Johnny Cash). It's not all bad though. I get to meet a lot of different people and experience new things. This weekend we're headed to Pittsburgh (so add at least 794 miles). I plan on eating perogies and sampling Iron City Light with some steel workers. It should be a good time.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment