Thursday, July 30, 2009

If You're Happy And You Know It...

Soon after I entered this world, I noticed something truly amazing. To this day, this wonderful invention of all inventions captures my imagination and takes me to places I have never seen. I cannot take my eyes off of it. It calms me when I'm fussy and arouses me when I'm sleepy. It doesn't ask me to smile or talk, and it engages me at whatever level I choose. What is this wonder of wonders? It is known as 'Television.' You should try it. I don't get to watch too much of it because of its ability to stop me in my tracks and stare. This makes Mommy and Daddy a little nervous. I think they are afraid of me loving Television more than them. Baseball is the best and not just because my Daddy likes it. I like tennis, too. Cycling is okay, but I'd rather dig my eye out with my new cereal spoons than watch golf (I got that line from my Great Uncle). You may have to pry me off my seat and have a good reason for it when football season rolls around. I only get to watch Television once in a great while so I make the most of it. Today I'm watching Baby Einstein. It's produced by Disney. My Great Uncle refers to Disney as the Evil Empire and Daddy says that, "studies show that Baby Einstein and Television can be detrimental...blah, blah, blah." Sorry, Daddy, I wasn't paying attention and can't remember what you said because I was busy watching Television's awesomeness. I bet studies would show differently with children exposed to High Definition Television. Despite what studies show, Daddy feels better with me watching Television while he takes out the garbage. Now, turn your volume up and sing along with me. "If you're happy and you know it..."

No comments:

Post a Comment