Thursday, July 16, 2009

Tired and Hungry

I am tired and hungry most of the time. In fact, sometimes this blog is difficult to do because I am sleeping or eating. Did you know that I can sleep and eat at the same time? You're right, I am amazing. Today I had to go to Daddy's doctor for his routine checkup. I tried to convince the nurse to give Daddy a couple of shots in the thighs but she would not listen. This convincing ran into my eating and sleeping time. So here I am, tired and hungry, writing this post.

Yes, I could eat all day. My tummy gets angry when I go too long without eating. Sometimes I just like to eat for the heck of it. Usually that leads to spitting up the excess, but Mommy and Daddy do a great job of cleaning me, themselves, the floor, the dog, or whatever stands in the way. Spitting up doesn't bother me. My favorite thing is to wake up at least every hour during the night and feed. Mommy has been patient but is trying hard to tell me I don't really need to eat that often and I have listened to her (for the most part) for the past few weeks. Last night I woke up once and only for a quick feed. Let's face it, my stomach is still so small that I can't take in enough to make it through the night. Anyway, I almost got 10 hours of sleep. Daddy had to wake me up this morning, which I believe is a first. So as I continue this growing thing I'm going to need to eat. The doctor said I can now start testing real food such as cereal. I can't wait to come downstairs in the morning, get the toy from the cereal box, read the comics and sports section, and eat breakfast with Mommy and Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment