Friday, August 14, 2009

Cousin's Weekend

Yesterday afternoon Daddy and I went to the zoo with my "little" cousins. The most fascinating parts of the trip for me were the seat belt strap on my stroller and watching my cousins watch the penguins. Let's face it, I'm not really aware that I should be aware of a big elephant or a lazy sleeping tiger that are 100 yards away from me. I'm sure the zoo will be more fun in the future.

This weekend is Cousin's Weekend at the Lake. I am so excited that I had a hard time sleeping last night. Mommy must be excited too because she was also awake all night. I'm amazed at how she's always awake when I am. It's really quite convenient for me, actually. Back to Cousin's Weekend. I'm not sure what to expect and I'll report on it next week. I'll be spending time with my big (over 21) cousins. At this point in my life I get to fly under the radar with the whole 21 thing. That's why I get to go to bars with Daddy and the hair salon with Mommy. Daddy gave me some small warnings concerning my "big" cousins. I told him not to worry, reminding him that I already have gotten to know and love these people and we share some of the same blood. Yes, type 'O' blood (get it?). I was born with an innate understanding of how the 'O' family, Mommy's family, works. Here's Daddy's "heads up" list: 1. the person insisting that she's my "auntie" is really my cousin. 2. don't pay attention and learn from the 4 guys (including Daddy) once happy hour starts. 3. Mommy, Daddy, and Aunt Bethy are there to help in case I'm presented with any competitive challenges by the others. 4. don't scream in Big Cousin Wade's face again (sorry, Wade, I was just a little overwhelmed that day). 5. most important: have fun.

Because we did not sleep much last night we overslept this morning and then had to get Mommy to court on time. I'm not going to explain this. I'd rather everyone fill in the blanks, as it's more fun that way. Go ahead, use your imagination. I can't wait to use mine. Anyway, I slept most of the morning and apologize for getting the blog up rather late. Now I'm helping Daddy pack up. Since there is no S'mores baby formula yet, I had get the real stuff from my new sponsors. Again, go to the store and pick up some of these tasty treats. Tell them Matthew sent you!

Have a great weekend! I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment