Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Santa Gramp

I want to show you just how much I have progressed in stature. Here are a before and after picture, from Day 27 and Day 155 (today):



The first picture was taken on Opening Day, a day filled with hope and excitement. This year those days are over for the Orioles. There's always next year. At least the shirt still fits. Soon I'll start working on my game and maybe I can help the O's out in a few years. Daddy has some "plans" for me so I can develop some lightening-quick motor reflexes.


This past Friday we had an unexpected and pleasant surprise. I was having my diaper changed when suddenly I heard a loud rumbling noise outside:

'When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a GMC Suburban, extra clean and clear,
With a toy and beer-toting driver, limping but quick,
I knew in a moment it must be...my Gramp.'

I delightfully screamed at Gramp and danced due to all the excitement.

I guess Gramp got caught up in anticipation of the excitement because somehow he forgot to bring Nana. There's always next time.

By the way, Gramp mentioned something about Santa and Christmas. I can't imagine who or what they are. I've heard Mommy and Daddy refer to it before when they discussed dressing me up as an elf. I'm sure it will take me a few years to understand the concept, but I'm starting my investigation now. Perhaps Little Cousin Wade can share his thoughts on the subject, among many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment