Friday, August 7, 2009

New Baby Smell

Let me set the stage: It’s summer. I begin the day with a bowl of cereal where some of it ends up in my hair, the crevices in my neck, and even some in between my toes. Yes, sometimes I like to stick my toes in my mouth when I eat. I sweat from being trapped in my car seat. I have milk in my hair and under my chin and dog saliva on my feet. My hands feel like fly paper and have pieces of grass between the fingers. An unfortunate blowout or two has occurred. I’m down to only wearing a diaper at this point. What is that sour smell? It’s I, Matthew. And something, I don’t know what, is in my belly button. If Daddy and Onyx were responsible for you the whole day then you would probably be dirty and smelly too. When Mommy comes home and has had a good chance to look at and smell me will say, “Matthew, what did Daddy do to you today? You need a bath tonight.” I know you can hear her screeching voice in your head.


Last night I was tired and didn't do the usual laugh-scream that demonstrates my enjoyment. But after the bath, I emerged once again as the soft, sweet smelling prince that I am. It was quite refreshing. Mommy then puts this nice smelling diaper cream on me. The combination of clean me and the cream is the nector of the gods. Here's a business idea for you (I want 30%): New Baby Smell - Newly Bathed Edition. You can bottle my smell up. Minivan moms would drive even worse just to get some.

This morning, Daddy and I are taking care of my cousins. It's a lot of responsibility and it can be a dirty job. I guarantee that after today a bath will be in order.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment