Friday, August 28, 2009

Matthew as the Six Dwarfs

Good morning. How are you today? I am doing well. Mommy just left for work and now it's just Daddy, Onyx and I. I believe I waved my hand properly to Mommy this morning as she was leaving. For some reason Mommy and Daddy have been teaching me to flap my hand and arm up and down to the command, "goodbye." I have no idea why this is appropriate, but I'll play their little game.

Mommy wakes up first in the morning typically by her little baby boy alarm clock. We eat breakfast, talk and play, all while Mommy attempts to get ready for work. Then Horizontal Daddy crawls out of the woodwork an hour or so later to join the rest of the world (I've learned these terms through Daddy who learned them through Pop-Pop). Daddy puts me in my jumper while he eats his cereal. At this point I'm a little sleepy, happy, bashful, and grumpy. In a full day, I could play at least 6 of the 7 dwarfs.

After this I've earned my nap. Daddy will either put me right in my crib where I'll whine for a little bit and then fall asleep or I'll fall asleep in his arms as we watch SportsCenter together.

When I wake up from this nap today we are taking a trip to see Ge and Pop-Pop. They are Daddy's grandparents and my great-grandparents. The last time I saw them Daddy forgot my food. Needless to say, I was a little grumpy that day and didn't perform to par. I'll show them some of my new tricks to make up for Daddy's mistake. I hope to learn some new terms from them both such as the following to answering Daddy's question of whether I'm ready for a nap. I would respond, "Is the Pope Catholic?" Good-nap.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment