Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Do You Believe In Miracles?

There I am at 38 weeks. I know you can't really see me, so I've attempted to reenact how I was positioned and what I looked like. Believe it or not, I was there. I'm only a few inches deep to the surface of Mommy's tummy. Let's put this in perspective. I was .005 inches long and .00033 pounds in June of 2008. I kept dividing and dividing but somehow kept it together enough until 40 weeks later when I was 20.5 inches long and 7 pounds, 11 ounces. Yes, there's a lot of stuff that happened in between but we can get into that some other time. After looking at my Mommy you really have to wonder how I fit in there. I fondly remember my time in Mommy's tummy. But what's cool is that I decided when it was time to come out. It was my first major decision. Do I stay or do I go? At first, leaving Mommy's tummy seemed like a really bad idea. Then I saw and heard who was carrying me that whole time. It was my beautiful Mommy, holding me close and speaking to me so softly and sweetly. As far as I'm concerned that moment was the only reason that I started to like this so called "outside the womb" thing.

So how did all of this amazing and miraculous stuff happen? I have no clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment