Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Independent Play

Boy, it's hot! Last night I slept wearing only my diaper-briefs. It felt good to get away from the onesies for at least one night. I can't wait to learn how to take my diaper off and go commando. Yesterday, I was not quite myself. I slept most of the day and rubbed my gums with my fingers when awake. Sleeping helped me ignore the heat. I think the heat got to Mommy and Daddy last night too, prompting our little adventure this morning. Daddy, Onyx and I had to rescue Onyx's food from Mommy's car. Mommy and Daddy forgot to get it out of the car last night after we went to the pet store. Onyx does not like being hungry and I completely understand this. As soon as we left the driveway this morning I let one rip: a forceful, bubbling-up-my-side blowout that turned back to look at my diaper and laugh. My car seat was an innocent bystander to the whole mess. We eventually got the food, cleaned up, ate, and now everyone is happy.

Today, we're planning on just lying low to stay away from the heat. I'm playing with my toys right now. I like them all but only for limited amounts of time for each because I get bored easily. In the video you'll see me with just a few from my collection. If you notice, there's a quick break in the action in which some guy moves all of my toys away from me. I don't mind, though, as I could use the time to practice figuring stuff out. Watch me think as I hold my finger in my mouth and contemplate my next move. Independent play is fun and educational.

No comments:

Post a Comment