Wednesday, January 13, 2010

...Clap Your Hands



Finally! I've learned how to clap. All I really have to do is put my hands together. If only from the beginning I realized it was this simple. It has taken months of training from Daddy to teach me this. I learn a bunch of stuff from Mommy, but never really take Daddy serious enough when he's trying to show me something. So right now, as far as teaching me tricks is concerned, it's Mommy 14, Daddy 1. But seriously, and to be honest, I think I put it all together yesterday at story time. They do a lot of clapping there. When I got home, I practiced on my own and sure enough, I was doing it. What other tricks can I learn? What trick is Daddy going to attempt to teach me now? He really poured his heart and soul into the hand-clapping thing. I hope that there’s something left in his tank. I know some of you may have heard this story from Mommy, but I want to tell it because I think it's silly. About a month ago, Mommy told me what Daddy did in his sleep the previous night. Apparently, in the middle of the night, he started grinding his teeth. This woke Mommy up because he doesn't normally do that. Then, he all of the sudden began humming, surprisingly in tune, 'If You're Happy and You Know It…' I’d say that's dedication, but I'm leaning toward the notion that Daddy needs a new song to sing all day. Daddy may not be my model employee or the typical baby caretaker, but at times, he really puts his heart into it. As his boss, I appreciate his perseverance. Perhaps I’ll extend his contract for at least a few more months.

No comments:

Post a Comment