Monday, January 18, 2010

Move Over Beethoven


Do you see what I have to compete with? Talk about an impossible mission! Game over. It was great seeing Cousin Payton in Connecticut, but I have to admit that I'm glad to be back in my home state where I'm the center of attention. The whole weekend was "Payton this..." and "Payton that..." She's two weeks old now- get over it. Oh well. I guess I need to share the spotlight. I had my time and it was a good ride. It's not as if I didn't try to prevent the moving of the spotlight. I did all I could to capture some attention. I yelled and banged on the walls:


I flashed my million-dollar smile and even began reading to myself:



No one seemed to notice. All eyes were on her. Now I know how Onyx feels. I'm sure I'll get over this in a few months when Payton is old enough and we can start playing together. That will be my chance to shine once again.

As I said, it's good to be home. What's even better is that Mommy has the day off. I decided to give Daddy the day off. He took it upon himself to assign me a new mission of keeping sleepy and lazy Mommy awake throughout the day. I gladly chose to accept this mission.


No comments:

Post a Comment