Tuesday, January 12, 2010

When Mommy's Away, Matthew Will Play

Once Mommy has gone to work in the morning, the rules governing my care for the day become somewhat "relaxed." I've mentioned this before and I'm sure you can imagine: there are some things that are allowed to occur during the day by daddy and dog with their baby that would not happen under the care of a mommy. Would my mommy, Mommy, let me, a 10-month-old, eat chocolate frosting for breakfast, watch cartoons from breakfast until noon, and sort her week old mail pile? Of course not (except maybe sorting the mail pile because someone has to do it). Nevertheless, that's what happened this morning under, shall we say, less supervision.



Don't get me wrong- I don't have a problem with this. It's great when almost anything (and I mean anything) is under my realm of play: plastic bags, balloons, Mommy's hair dryer, lollipops, a sleeping dog's tail, etc. In addition, Daddy and I don't like changing diapers and having my diaper changed, respectively. Unless I "dirty" my diaper (Daddy doesn't want to have to smell me all day), I only get changed once and that's usually when Mommy's pulling in the driveway at around 5 of the clock. We also do a last minute cleanup of all supposedly dangerous paraphernalia before she comes through the door. Once Mommy is home, Daddy, Onyx, and I play it straight and innocent. Mommy will ask, "Where did he get this scratch from?" or, "Did he get that large bruise on his leg today?" One goofy smile from me and she forgets all about wanting to receive the answers to her questions.

New "toys" are waiting to be played with and I like to keep my inventive play-mind fresh. I had better get some sleep. Good-nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment