Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Feel the Burn

This morning's workout was really tough. I finished the session by walking with my hands held way over my head by my personal trainer. My trainer has no mercy. It’s push, push, push, and then, “have a protein shake and take a nap so you can be fresh for your next workout.” Nevertheless, if this is what it takes to learn to walk, then I'm willing to go that extra mile. If afterwards I don't feel the burn, spit up, and yearn to take a nap right on the floor, I'm not working hard enough. If the workout was successful, I finally get my senses back and the room stops spinning. Stretching after a workout is important and that's why I stretch my whole body on the end table. Notice the hand placement when coming down from the stretch. That's to keep me from falling. I learned to avert disaster by flirting with it (and by falling and knocking my head a bunch of times). Can I stand at the end table? Of course- just ask the pictures on top who find themselves falling to the ground sometimes. They are at my mercy.



Now that I have all these little cousins being born and in the works, I really have to learn to be tough, quick, and aggressive. They may be little ankle biters now, but they will probably be bigger than I will some time soon. I have to be ready.

Speaking of ankle biters, my newest cousin’s name is spelled ‘Payton’ with an ‘a.’ Also, one of my production guys must have used a fill-in picture for Payton yesterday because we didn’t have one yet. So who was I looking at? Who knows, but I’m a good actor, aren’t I? Anyway… my sincerest apologies. Thank you, Cousin “Auntie” Sarah, for noticing, and congratulations on being a new aunt! Please check the updated posting below.  There you will also find a picture of the real Ostie G2.

1 comment:

  1. Now that is the beautiful Payton Rose that we know and love! Thanks Matthew

    ReplyDelete