Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Bedtime Routine

This is me this morning watching video of myself from last night. In the video I'm getting ready to go to bed. I didn't realize how silly I can get at night. The whole bedtime routine usually begins with a nap. Yes, a nap. I fall asleep in the stroller or in Mommy's arms and take a short nap. This nap provides the extra energy I need to get me through the rest of the bedtime routine. Then comes my bath- something you've all seen. The bath gets me fired up. Mommy gets my PJ's on and then I come out to the living room in hopes of expending the rest of my energy. I talk and scream and like to roll around under the coffee table. I find the legs on the coffee table to be fascinating for some reason. Daddy was watching the football game last night so I took a quick peak at that.

No, there was no audio editing in the video above. I'm actually starting to talk like this sometimes: moving my mouth with and without sounds. It may look like I'm starring in an old Japanese B movie as Mommy says, but I'm not. Then I say goodnight to Daddy and Onyx and Mommy takes me to my room. There she feeds, reads and sings to me. It's my favorite part of the whole day. Too bad I can't stick around for more of it. The meal, Mommy's soothing voice, and a long day makes me sleepy. Then, before you know it, it's 6 AM and I'm ready to start the whole thing again.

All this sleep talk is making me sleepy. Good-nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment