Monday, September 21, 2009

Communication Breakdown

Above is the video for the dialogue below. It's an example of what I have to put up with and part of the reason for "fussy" Matthew.

Matthew: Daddy, I'm hungry.

Daddy: What's the matter, Matthew?

Matthew: I said I'm hungry.

Daddy: Are you sleepy?

Matthew: No. Well yes, but that's not what I'm trying to say. I'm telling you tha- oh, I'll play fetch with you Onyx. Let me just get your ba- Daddy! I was playing ball with Onyx! And I'm still hungry.

Daddy: Is your diaper fully charged?

Matthew: How can it be if I need to eat? But ask me again in 2 minutes. Seriously, won't anyone listen? Onyx? You hear me don't you buddy? No, I guess you don't and I'm sure you're hungry too. Blasted lack of language!

Daddy: Matthew, you might be getting hungry.

Matthew: You think? That's brilliant, Daddy.

Daddy: Just let me make your bottle and then you can eat.

Matthew: What? You were 5 minutes late to work and you don't have my bottle ready? Wait until I speak with Mommy when she gets home. She'll understand what I'm saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment