Monday, September 14, 2009

Ostie G1

Please allow me to re-introduce myself. I am Ostie G1, son of Ostie A the daughter of Ostie 2. The 'G' stands for 'great' because I am the great-grandson of Great and Greatest. The '1' refers to the fact that I'm the first 'G'. So we finally have the answer to the Great Dilemma. Boy, was that stressful or what? Luckily Daddy's side of the family is not attempting to categorize its people through numbers and letters. If so I'd have an identity crisis. Regardless, I'll still be going by Matthew, Matt, Matty D, etc. G1 is perfect, though. It's now official and written in stone (or cement. I'm 6 months old and the difference is still a bit beyond me).


So now I wait for the rest of my generation on that side of the family. These are the G2's, G3's, and so on that have yet to make their presence. Someday we will hold are own G8 (and perhaps beyond) Summit. For now I will have to hold down the fort and hold my own G1 Summit. When? Whenever I want.

This past weekend was a grand weekend. I'm sure I'm going to miss mentioning some of the events that took place. I went to my first G.M. Day and represented myself as the eighth generation of Mommy's hometown. No I don't actually live there but I can still represent. I also saw my first parade. It was fun except when people would hold my ears so I couldn't hear the muskets and motorcycles. "C'mon," I tried to tell them, "I like to make and hear loud noises!" I even thought of participating in the parade. How? By riding in my brand new, very own, pimped and polished John Deere wagon! Thank you Great, Greatest and Great Aunt Susan for my half-birthday present. I now expect a half-birthday present from everyone for ever. This thing is so cool. Gramp and Nanna pimped my new ride with stickers, flags, mirrors, cushions, a lunch box, and even a blink light. I'm such a big boy in it and I'll be able to hold my bottle, diaper and wipes in the lunch box. It's very convenient.

So why did I not participate in the parade? Let's just say that security was questionable and the risk was not worth it with someone of my notoriety. But here's how it may have looked:

I know you're all jealous. And don't think that I will be sharing this with the future G's. It's mine.

One more thing. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, Ge. Stay well and I hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment