Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I-C-U-P

First some housekeeping. I went to the doctor on Friday for my 6 month checkup. Again, I was berated with needles. Those people are relentless. Anyway, I weighed 15 pounds, 11 ounces and was 26, 1/2 inches. I'm still average for height but I'm between 20 and 30 percent weight-wise. The doctor explained that most babies start to settle into their genetics at my age. As I explained before, Mommy and Daddy are not very "thick" people. I'm bound to be lean. But I ask, if my health is just fine then who are these giant babies who make up the higher percentages? I better watch myself out there. I'm already the runt. Oh well, I'm sure I can roll away from any danger.

Lately I'm learning how to drink from the cup. Apparently, Mommy was drinking from a cup at 4 months old. What an overachiever. I'll learn quick. I'm just figuring out this whole gravity thing. Laying down makes it much easier to drink from the cup. It's like defying the laws of physics. I had the hiccups this morning so Daddy gave me a cup of water. Here's a video of my training session.

By the way, though the title may seem inappropriate I feel that it is relevant. Cousin Marcy taught my Daddy this years ago and now he's passing it down to me. Go ahead and tell any little kid to spell 'I cup.' You won't be disappointed in their response.

No comments:

Post a Comment