Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mr. Unpredictable

That is I, Mr. Unpredictable. Why am I unpredictable? Because Mommy and Daddy say that I am. I kind of have to agree. Several weeks ago, I was sleeping through the night. Then I started getting up progressively early. A few nights after that I began waking up every three hours. The last few nights I woke up once, but at around 2:45 AM, demanding to be fed. Last night I woke up at midnight and I was not a happy camper. Mommy comforted me back to sleep in a very short time and I slept another eight hours. Mommy and Daddy will accept that kind of night. They try hard to keep everything the same: the bedtime routine, the feedings, room temperature, super-absorbent diapers, etc. To make matters seem worse, other mommy's are always telling my Mommy, in what I imagine to be annoying, high pitched, know-it-all nasal voices, something like, "Oh, my five month old daughter takes two naps of three hours each and sleeps twelve hours at night without a peep. She just loves her sleep- goes to bed at 7:30." 7:30! Can you imagine? I'm just getting warmed up then. Daddy has also been trying to figure out my nap situation for weeks if not months. I don't blame him. I generally take two naps a day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Without rhyme or reason, one nap, deemed "successful," lasts anywhere from one to two hours. The other lasts about a half hour and I wake up crying. Yesterday, I took two naps in excess of two hours each. I woke up from each in a great mood. This is funny to me because I don't know why I can't follow a regular routine. I have other unpredictable, ever-changing characteristics but I think they come with the whole, "new baby territory," thing. I won't mention them because I don't want to bore you with any more details. I posted some pictures below to make up for the boring details that I did write. That's probably why you came here anyway- to "see" me. They are from this morning and not necessarily unpredictable. I just thought you might enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment