Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Wade's Song

I cannot always be full of smiles and laughs, raspberries and coos. There are times that even I can be a little fussy. I realize that you may not believe me, but it's true. After all, I'm still a baby. I'm sure Biography or MTV or someone will someday have a behind-the-glory-scenes look at my once-in-a-while fussiness as a baby. They'll find it was probably just typical but it will sell nevertheless. But hey, you would be fussy too if you only had nine hours of sleep, have an hour or so before your next nap, your mommy just left for work, you just spit up all over yourself, and your daddy is forcing food down you while you're trying to utilize your diaper.

I have to acknowledge that after breakfast Daddy let me roll around on the hardwood and bang my rattle. This cheered me up. Most likely I'll get fussy again at least once or twice throughout the day. I may even have a good cry. Perhaps this explains Little Cousin Wade's true feelings in a song he sang to me on our way to New York City. The song has two lines. The second line is sang much quieter than the first:

Matthew, I love you so much;

But sometimes I don't.

And there you have it: innocent truth. He doesn't understand, especially when I was smaller, why I cry to communicate ("Mommy, Matthew's such a cwiya (crier)"). He is only three, though. Either way, I'm sure I'll have an appropriate song for him once I can communicate at his level.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Matthew,
    I like yer blog. But my old Mac can't handle all those cool videos. The rubber band broke. Dude, sorry about my loud voice. I know it scares you. All I can say is you'll get used to it. Your mommy did. It only scares her once and a while now. Tell your Daddy that I'm blogging again. Huntingwithsupermodels is back. You may like it too. Sometimes there's titties (food source to you). Have your old man show you until your fingers get big enough to use the keyboard. Take care. Love you.
    Great Uncle Osti

    ReplyDelete