Thursday, October 8, 2009

Spike

Do you like my spiky hair? Mommy styled it last night after my bath. She said that it wouldn't last into the morning but here I am still nice and spiked. Daddy says I'll need to wear a hat if we go out into public. Then again, I'm not sure if that's what Daddy said because he's lost his voice. So now Mommy has left for work and I'm stuck with having to talk with mute Daddy and Onyx and you through this video camera and the Internet. You'll talk to me, won't you? You're going to have to speak up because I can't hear you. So now what will I do today? There will be no songs, no "how big is Matthew?", no books, and no "your food will be ready in just another minute, Matthew." I'll just have to bide my time until Mommy gets home- she always has something to say. Maybe I could use the peace and quiet. In fact, I've been up since 5:45 AM and I'm exhausted. Daddy just put me in my crib for giraffe watching while he gets us ready to take a walk outside. The giraffes are still fascinating to me. They just go round and round and round. And that mesmerizing, lullaby music makes my eyes heavy. I can't keep up. I'm too tired. Let me just close my eyes for one minute, Daddy. I'll see if I can't get some bed head to cover this spike and then we can go outsi...[sleep].

No comments:

Post a Comment