Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Hangover



My first Christmas was a smashing success. It was a nonstop thrill ride of present opening. In fact, I went eight rounds (three on Christmas- hey, it takes me a while) with my gifts in a span of four days. I received so many toys that when lined up side-by-side they span 15 feet- but who's measuring? I'd like to thank every one of you for making my Christmas so wonderful, but I'm too exhausted. Besides, Mommy has got me covered in the ‘Thank You’ department. She's so thankful that she's even been known to send thank you cards in response to receiving thank you cards and she is the only reason that the U.S. Postal Service still makes any money. If you don’t deserve a thank you because you forgot to get me a gift this year, please don't worry about it. Instead, you can save it for next year. This Christmas will be difficult to top but I'd like to push the 20-foot mark with new toys next year.





So why am I so tired? I should have had plenty of rest this past weekend, right? Wrong! After falling asleep on Christmas Eve, I woke up at 3 AM to my body demanding to utilize my diaper- and utilize it I did. I haven't done that since I was a newborn. Then on Christmas day, I was about three hours, 20 minutes short of my normal four hours of napping. I guess I was just so excited to play with my new toys that I couldn't sleep. Mommy's side of the family must have been really excited to play with their toys too because they did not provide a single moment of peace and quiet the entire weekend. Hold on…did anyone else receive gifts of his or her own? Was I the only one? It was difficult to see over my mounds of toys and clothes. I’m sorry if this is the case because I’m not sharing. I’ve somehow managed to play with each of my toys and they’re so awesome that I will not be parting with any of them.

It’s back to the same old routine today. Daddy and Onyx are tired and recovering too and I’m looking forward to them keeping quiet so I can catch up on my sleep. I'm so tired that I can hardly make it through breakfast...


1 comment:

  1. Matthew
    You are the best medicine ever!! Watching you today made me feel better than I have in days!!
    Love
    Great Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete