Friday, December 4, 2009

Triple Feature

I did a lot this morning and I have the video to prove it. It would be in your best interest to grab yourself a little snack and try and strap yourself in to a comfortable chair...you'll see what I mean by this later.

I know that winter is upon us, but for me baseball has no off-season. I've got all the tools I'll ever need in my baseball glove, bat, and skills. Thank you, Greatest and Great, for the new glove. The smell (and taste) of a fine baseball glove is nothing short of an enlightening religious experience. Soon I will condition the glove with some shaving cream, strategically strap rope around it with a baseball inside, and put it under my crib mattress for the next 7-10 years. That's probably when the glove will fit on my hand and how long it will take to properly break it in. Notice also how adept I am at sitting up. I wasn't aware of how easy this is.

After baseball practice it was time for breakfast. Nothing spectacular happened during breakfast, but I wanted to show you how funny it is (and how much fun it is for me) to block Daddy's attempt at strapping me in to my highchair.

Finally, it was time for a nap. But instead of napping I decided to work on standing in my crib. As of yesterday it's my new thing. As you saw on a post earlier this week I could not stand all the way up. Now, however, and in such a short period of time, I can. Impressive, isn't it? They don't call me Matthew "Progress" Jeffrey for nothing.

Tonight Mommy and Daddy are going out on their first date alone since I graced them with my presence on this earth. They'll celebrate, among other things, five months later, their five year wedding anniversary. This whole thing has me asking some questions. My first is, why if they have been married for five years did they only decide to have me recently? As far as I'm concerned that is their loss. Secondly, why am I not going out to dinner with them? Oh, wait...let me answer this question myself: it doesn't make sense to go to a restaurant and bring your own chair, food, bib, and entertainment. I get it now. I'm going to have more fun anyway. I'm going to my aunt and uncle's to play with them and my "little" cousins. Little Cousin Wade said he would babysit me. It's going to be an awesome night and I plan to learn some new tricks that only a 3, 8, and 12-year-old can teach.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment