Monday, December 7, 2009

My Flashing Christmas Sleigh

This Christmas thing gets sillier every day. Our house is starting to look like the department stores do. We have fake fire candles in the windows and on the mantle, and models of Santa, snowmen, and strange deer-like creatures displayed all over the house. Most perplexing of all is why we bought a real, live baby tree, put it on a table, and put more fake fire candles and a bunch of shining nick-nacks that I would just love to get my hands and mouth on. Strange as it is the tree is nice to look at. I hope everyone doesn't do this stuff with trees. What will Onyx and I walk by when we're hiking in the woods? Daddy says that if we run out of woods then we can just hike at a Christmas tree farm. Speaking of the Christmas tree, my little family and I started a tradition of me applying the final decoration to the tree: a star at the top. I may need a little help from Daddy for the next few years in getting the star all the way up there. I'm just happy to be a part of the action.

Not only did we put lights on the tree, but my crib was adorned with them as well. I guarantee that none of you have, but you are jealous of, my sleigh-styled crib with flashing lights.

The awesomeness of my decorated crib did not last long, however. Daddy took the lights down soon after the video was taken. It was all Mommy's idea in the first place, but Daddy recalled the fate of the cat playing with the lights in the fabled Griswold's story and decided we should be more responsible. That, and the fact that our neighbors were peering into my bedroom window and from their cell phones were calling, I assume, the authorities. So no more lights on my crib. Blasted! Foiled again!

No comments:

Post a Comment