Thursday, December 17, 2009

Hold the Eggs, Please

My nine-month weight and stature update: 18 pounds, 13.5 ounces and 28-1/2 inches tall.  Again, I fall in the 25th percentile for weight and the 50th percentile for height.  The doctor says that my weight is where it should be for a healthy U.S. baby.  He also mentioned that I'm a perfect specimen of health and probably a genius, or something along those lines.  He stressed that I should be eating more foods that are "regular" and even eat whatever Mommy and Daddy may be eating.  This will be nice for Mommy and Daddy because now I can join them on their once-every-six-months dates.  Anyway, I'll be trying some new, more textured food.  I guess Maxwell (that's what I named my lone tooth) will be working some overtime.  After my appointment yesterday, I attempted to eat some scrambled eggs that Daddy made.  We won't be showing that video.  I did eventually get some down after they were squashed a little more and spooned in with some pureed turkey with country vegetables.  This morning, cottage cheese worked okay.  I just need to learn how to eat this different stuff instead of gagging on it.  Speaking of learning, I'm now beginning to understand the word, "no."  I've actually known it for a little while, but when Mommy or Daddy would say it, I'd give the "no comprende engleis" look, smile, and be on my way.  It wasn't until later that I learned that "no" is used in more than just English.

I started brushing my tooth and gums last night.  Mommy showed me how it's done and it didn't take long for me to figure it out.  I like this tooth-brushing thing.



I think this eating thing is going to be fun and healthy for me, especially since I'll be maintaining proper hygiene.  I can't wait to order breakfast tomorrow.  I think I'll have bacon, eggs and hash browns- hold the eggs, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment