Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I Didn't Do It


Okay, I admit it- I did it.  Let me tell you about it.  It's a morning like a morning that we haven't had in a long time.  Following breakfast, Daddy picked me up from my high chair so that we could go play.  That's when he felt and smelled an early Christmas gift that I made him.  It turned out to be a major side blowout.  It was a side blowout for the ages and one they'll be speaking of for generations.  Daddy took me to the changing table and did his best. His efforts, however, fell short of managing the situation without causing any further destruction.  The collateral damage was vast, spreading all over everything I was wearing, to Daddy, to the floor, to the changing table, and even to my hamper.  It didn't help that I was trying to grab at my bait and tackle while attempting to roll over and sit up on the changing table.  Daddy started sweating.  Suddenly, and right in the middle of applying wipe 6 of 10, the doorbell rang.  It was the maintenance guys coming to fix the light over our kitchen sink.  Daddy managed to get a diaper on me and we answered the door.  Afterwards, we finally got me changed and Daddy breathed a big sigh of relief.

We have a lot to do today as Christmas is coming fast. My production crew and I are doing a secret Santa and I drew Onyx's name from a Santa Claus hat. I'm a little stressed because I don't know what to get him. What do you get for someone who has everything but thinks he has nothing? Moreover, why do I have to get the gift? Isn't that Santa's job? The last time I checked I do not have the qualifications that Mr. Claus does to do his job. Maybe I ought to write him a letter. Here goes: "Dearest Santa Claus..."

No comments:

Post a Comment