Wednesday, March 10, 2010

How to Get Results

Several hours from now and one year ago, I began requesting permission to leave Mommy's tummy. I lightly and politely knocked on the "walls," so to speak, and said with a sweet smile on my face, "Hi. It's me... I don't have a name yet. I'm the baby. Anyway... ummm... I think I'm ready to come out now."


No one seemed to hear me. That's when I realized I needed to be a little more forceful with my request. Over the next few hours, I gradually increased my knocking. Then, over the next 24 hours, I was reduced to savagely kicking, pushing, poking... I think you get the idea and know that my efforts were eventually successful.

Speaking of my mommy, Mommy, I'm really excited because she's taking off from work for the next two days. I get to spend my entire birthday with her! I can't wait to show her off at story time tomorrow. Mommy is kind of like a rock star around here. Daddy, Onyx, and I follow her around like a bunch of star-struck fans. Everything just feels better and right when she's around. To borrow my buddy Nolan's phrase, I really "like and love" her. I love and miss her so much in fact, that my recent separation anxiety from her in the middle of the night prompts me to call her. I can't help it. Sure, the last few nights have been a little rough but I catch up on my sleep during the day. Last night I woke up at around 3 AM and requested her presence. Of course, I've learned from even before I was born to put some effort in this request if I want results. We fell asleep again at about 5:30 AM. That's what I call getting results. The baby books all say I should only keep this up for another few weeks. Regardless, it feels good: it's kind of as if the ol' newborn days are here again.

Yesterday I had my first real taste of spring (I don't really remember spring too well from last year). Daddy and I went outside to play. We stayed on the driveway because everything else is still covered in mud and snow. For the first time I really felt like a boy and even got my jeans dirty. It was awesome! Daddy and I brought my John Deere wagon out of the garage and I did a thorough inspection to make sure it is ready and in good working condition for the spring, summer, and fall. It's going to get a lot of playtime.



Well, I really should take a nap. The Great Birthday Bird is supposedly coming early tomorrow morning and so I need to catch up on my rest. Good-nap for now. When you see me here tomorrow, I'll be a big one-year-old.

No comments:

Post a Comment