Friday, March 12, 2010

My First Kiss


What an awesome birthday I had yesterday.  It was a beautiful day, Mommy and Daddy were both home, and I received some great toys.  Don't I look like such a big boy on my Trike?  If only my legs were longer, I could take off the rocking portion for "little ones" and go cruising for chicks.  I'll just have to stick to my walker and wagon.  They don't have that cool, independent image going for them but I have the looks to make up for it.


It was fun having both Mommy and Daddy take me to cuddle time (or story time).  I had a hard time focusing though, as I wished to be outside or opening more gifts.  I squirmed and yelled as Mommy attempted to keep me tame while the librarian tried to hold my attention.  That's when I saw her, a sweet little 10 1/2-month-old girl and the newest object of my affection.  I stopped squirming and focused, approaching her smoothly and calmly.  We looked in each other's eyes for a moment and then locked lips, fate taking over.  I gave her three of my best smooches.  She captured my heart.  I then told her I had my Fisher-Price Rock, Roll 'n Ride Trike out in the parking lot, that we could have our own cuddle time there, and that I had no problem with ignoring the "Never allow more than one rider" warning label.  I had to show her my "bad" side, you know.  She pretended not to hear me, kept playing with her toy, and I got the point.  That's fine with me if she wants to be that way.  I guess that's the way with these younger, 10 1/2-month-old girls.  Suddenly, her twin brother approached me.  I forgot I had done all of this right in front of her brother and mother!  I had to think fast.  So I attempted to kiss him.  He backed away.  My quick thinking worked.  My kissing with the girl was done and I've moved on (for the most part).  I'm too young for a commitment right now anyway.  Nevertheless, the rest of that afternoon I was in a warm, foggy state of mind.  I laid back in my wagon and just watched the clouds roll by thinking about my first kiss.  I could have laid there for hours.


After my nap and a trip to the grocery story, Mommy and Daddy took me out to dinner at the local hot spot.  I ate like a champion: oyster crackers, grilled cheese, applesauce, and a little haddock.  Then we went home and Mommy presented me with a cupcake that had "hot" fire on a candle on top.  The cupcake was little in size but not so little on sugar.  Boy was it good.


The rest of the night was a sugar-induced blur.  I went to bed late and I didn't sleep great.  I didn't sleep too badly either.  I awoke this morning realizing that I still have a whole birthday weekend ahead of me and two more parties.  Parties usually mean gifts for me.  From my crib, I summoned my parents.  Daddy and Onyx opened the door and I was clapping as they walked in.  I clapped for them, for myself, and for the wonderful day and weekend to be.


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment