Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Videographer Wanted

Here is today's lead picture:


You may be wondering why the photographer didn't take a full body shot.  Well, he did.  The picture had to be edited.  I'll tell you why later.  First, I want you to look at my face.  Looks like I'm feeling better, doesn't it.  There's not as much snot running down, my eyes aren't as puffy, and I'm eating much better, which is allowing that cheek pinchableness to return.  It's great to be feeling better again.  I'm ready to take on the world.  It wasn't easy getting healthy.  My body kept fighting and fighting, a week-long battle that just didn't seem to be working.  That's when I realized, hey, if I can't beat this thing then I might as well just pass it on.  But who would be my target?  Mommy?  No way.  I wouldn't do that to Mommy.  Daddy?  Yes, Daddy.  I'm learning that every decision comes with its consequences.  With Daddy on the sidelines, I had to dress myself today.  I did okay, but not good enough for the lead picture.  It's difficult to get both arms in a sweater and snap those three little buttons on an onsie, particularly when I'm preoccupied with anything else.  Mommy and Daddy are right- it's tough to change me when I'm constantly trying to roll over and kick my way out of my changing situation.  Here's the original picture:


I had more decisions to make while getting myself dressed.  One involved whether I should wear my hat today.  I couldn't make up my mind.  Not being able to get the darn thing on made the decision for me.  I then told the videographer to help me get dressed.


The videographer told me, "Sorry, but no.  That's not in my job description."  He doesn't work for me anymore.  Finally, I told Daddy to suck it up, stop whining, and help me change.  I offered him my snot rag.  He declined the rag but did finish changing me.  In return, he wants me to do some laundry and take out the garbage while he lies on the couch.  I said I'd think about it.  First, however, I need a nap.  Changing myself is exhausting.  Good-nap!


1 comment:

  1. You are the cutest little boy ever, Matthew!!! We can't wait to celebrate your first birthday with you! Glad you are feeling better. (: Lots of love and kisses to you.
    Love*Marcy

    ReplyDelete