Friday, March 19, 2010

The Very Hungry Matthew


I've been very hungry lately and eating a ton.  Some of my meals have taken up to an hour to finish.  Mommy and Daddy put the food on my tray and I eat it.  Our cabinets must be near empty because my parents scramble around the kitchen trying to find something to feed me when I've been eating for 45 minutes and yet still demand more.  They even used green food coloring as filler in my oatmeal on Wednesday.  Yes, I ate green oatmeal.  It tastes just like regular oatmeal.  What have I been eating you ask?  Let's take yesterday for instance.  I ate through an entire piece of French toast, half a container of yogurt, 1/4 of a mango, 1/6 of an apple, some turkey, a couple bites of Daddy's pizza, three different kinds of crackers, two strawberries, broccoli, chicken, and one giant meatball.  There was more but I can't remember.  I'm eating all of this in hopes of becoming a beautiful butterf- no wait... I don't want to be a butterfly.  I apologize, Eric Carle, because I've taken this too far already.  Please don't sue me.  Seriously, I'm hoping to put some pounds and ounces on for my 12-month weigh-in next week at the doctor.  I've also been sleeping great so hopefully I'm going through a growth spurt.  Once again, however, there are consequences to my actions.  What goes in must manifest itself in some form or another.  Everything's been running smoothly until today when I spent 45 minutes after breakfast doing "my thing."  I don't think the production equaled the effort.  There's more- I just know it.  I was pretty ticked during and now I'm exhausted from all that pushing.  It must have been something I ate but I'm not going to attempt to narrow it down.  There has to be an easier way than spending 45 minutes in slight agony.  Of course, this rarely happens and maybe it's just a baby thing, but I'd like to know what's going on inside me.  Perhaps playing with this ball machine can help me better understand the human digestive tract.  It's worth a try.


I'm not sure if I got anything from that.  I do enjoy watching the balls fly up in the air due to a build-up of backpressure.  That must be the key.  Well... back to work!


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment